Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rainout ... at least the bullpen couldn't blow the lead again

I was running errands after work tonight and it felt really lonely in the car without a Mets game on. Yes I had Steve Sommers, music and some podcasts, but it wasn't like listening to the ball game. The other thing that sucks is now the Mets will have to play a double header on Thursday, kind of wish I could take the day off work and sit at the ball park for 6-7 hours. But alas grids about making books, don't just make themselves.

"What we need is a rain out
 I can get us a rain out
Man, there ain't been a cloud in weeks
Hundred bucks says I can get us a rainout for tomorrow
You're on"
 - BULL DURHAM

Bull Durham is such a great. But I think baseball lends it self to being a good backdrop for a movie. Its slow pace and grace, let people get a word in edgewise.  OK off the top of my head ... here are my favorite baseball movies of all time ...

  • Bull Durham
  • Eight Men Out
  • Field of Dreams
  • A League of Their Own (my favorite baseball movie)
  • Bingo Long's Traveling All-Stars & Motor  King
  • Fever Pitch

No comments:

Post a Comment