Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Your 2011 Mets - Part 1 - Angel Pagan

I wrote an article a few years ago for Seven Train to Shea about Angel Pagan ... and I just can't find it anywhere. I don't remember what I thought about Angel two years ago. I know what I think about him now. I am pretty sure he is not a legitimate major leaguer ... perhaps a AAAA player. Yes he had a good year in 2010 .290/11 hr/69 rbi ... actually 11 hr and 69 rbi is not that impressive.  He was better in the outfield and didn't make all the mental mistakes he had as a part time player.

Pagan will probably hit second behind Jose Reyes, but I personally like him down the lineup better. He isn't a very patient hitter and not the ideal contact hitter to help move along Jose Reyes. I understand having him bat after Reyes, since they are both speedsters. But I like the idea of having a second leadoff batter down the line up, perhaps sixth. Here's to me being wrong about Angel.

As of August, 2010 Pagan has had over 1,150 plate appearances without being hit by a pitch. Take one for the team dude!


No comments:

Post a Comment